1362 news releases found, showing page 3 of 114
24 Jun 2021
Good Energy to roll out new Managed Credit option to 2,000 customers with the help of Siemens
- Compelling fourth payment option bridges the gap between pre-paid and direct debit, reducing bad debt risk for energy providers and their customers.
- Customers can easily manage their pre-paid energy credit with a digital wallet.
23 Jun 2021
Siemens targets gender parity in Early Careers recruitment to increase women in engineering
Ambitious goal revealed for International Women in Engineering Day #INWED2021
17 Jun 2021
Birmingham Clean Air Zone enters operation
- Twenty-four hour zone will drive improvements in air quality and improve the health and well-being of city residents and visitors
- Proven ANPR camera monitoring and enforcement solution at the heart of the scheme
- Solution delivers industry-leading image quality and number plate read accuracy
15 Jun 2021
Helping public transport on the road towards a low-carbon future
By Bernard Magee, Director Electrical Vehicle Charging, Siemens plc. Road transport, which includes buses, is a significant contributor to air pollution, resulting in poor air quality. Public Health England (PHE) says air pollution is the biggest environmental threat to health with between 28,000 and 36,000 deaths a year attributed to long-term exposure.
10 Jun 2021
Siemens Mobility to deliver low-cost digital solution for Devon and Cornwall re-signalling programme
- Scheme will deliver significant passenger and operator benefits
- Low carbon solution supports the UK Government’s decarbonisation goals
10 Jun 2021
Siemens’ virtual work experience giving young people head start to STEM career
Free skills programme via the Springpod careers platform shows students aged 14-18 years how engineering and technology is helping build a more sustainable future.
09 Jun 2021
ScotRail agrees five-year maintenance contract extension for Siemens Mobility Class 380 trains
- Five-year contract extension for technical support and spares agreed until December 2026.
- Agreement covers support in areas such as safety, reliability, maintenance, spares supply, modifications, and overhauls.
09 Jun 2021
Breakthrough technologies combine to create compelling fourth payment option for energy suppliers
With bad debt risk spiralling for energy providers, and growing economic uncertainty for customers, both groups are seeking a new way to settle their energy bills. To address this challenge, Siemens has taken its pioneering Managed Credit solution, which has already made a big impact within the energy retail industry over the last few years, and combined it with payment technology from global IT and business consulting services firm CGI, and Open Banking innovator Ordo.
07 May 2021
Westminster goes electric with 1,000 electric vehicle charge points
Westminster City Council and Siemens have installed more than 1,000 on-street Electric Vehicle Charging Points in the City of Westminster, making Westminster the first local authority in the UK to reach this milestone.
06 May 2021
Siemens Mobility scoops trio of accolades at SHE Awards
- HSEQ Director Louise Ward awarded Lifetime Achievement Award
- Richard Abbess wins inaugural Unsung Hero award
- Siemens Mobility’s Poole factory highly commended in ‘Best Health and Safety for Manufacturing’ category
05 May 2021
Fast track degree programme accelerating engineers towards Industry 4.0
Siemens trains 40 employees to graduate from global companies and SMEs since 2017
29 Apr 2021
SP Energy Networks trials the UK's first ‘clean-air’ substation
SP Energy Networks is trialling new environmentally friendly ‘clean-air’ technology at one of its electricity substations as the company continues to lead the way towards a greener way of operations.