1470 news releases found, showing page 3 of 123
20 Jun 2023
Offaly in the Irish Midlands ready to rival Europe’s key cities as green data centre hub
Offaly in the Midlands of Ireland is well-placed to become a new global hub for data centres with the potential to create thousands of green jobs, according to a new report by technology company Siemens.
31 May 2023
Passengers across the North of England set to benefit as TransPennine Express signs up Siemens Mobility to continue maintaining award-winning Class 185 fleet
- Contract to maintain 51-strong train fleet gets extension for 8 years, until 2031
- Builds on success of recent digital upgrade by Siemens Mobility which means the trains remotely monitor their own condition through Railigent X
- Siemens Mobility will work with new operator TransPennine Trains Limited and train owner Eversholt Rail to ensure continued reliability across the fleet which serves passengers travelling between Manchester, Sheffield, Cleethorpes and Hull
19 May 2023
Siemens Mobility wins prestigious Women in Rail Award for Best Training or Development Programme
Photo credit: Jack Boskett Media LTD
- Siemens Mobility wins Best Training or Development Programme at Women in Rail Awards
- Company’s comprehensive programme to develop and retain female talent recognised
- CEO Julie Owen hails “industry-leading” approach which has seen two-thirds of participants in one part of the programme promoted to more senior roles
- Siemens Mobility’s Oliver Grove was also ‘highly commended’ in the Male Rising Star of the Year category, with Milly Johnston and Sam Haysom also shortlisted for awards
10 May 2023
Siemens Mobility Completes South Africa’s Largest Ever Signalling Project
- The Gauteng re-signalling project, which will help transform rail travel in the province, is the largest to have been awarded in the history of South African railways
- The project involved 7.5 million construction hours, over 550km of trenching was carried out and more than 9,900 elements were installed
- Local content exceeded 60% through local engineering, project execution and local production
- Project execution remained on target despite Covid-19 interruptions
27 Apr 2023
Global machine builder JJA Pack will “slash downtime” for customers with Siemens solution
JJA Pack, a world-leading specialist in food processing equipment, has expanded its long-term partnership with Siemens by introducing the tech business’ latest diagnostic technology to its customer offering.
26 Apr 2023
SIEMENS MOBILITY PRESS RELEASE: Local Schoolchildren Power Up Their Creativity with Train Models at Siemens Mobility’s New Factory in Goole
- Models tested at Siemens Mobility's assembly building where future Piccadilly line trains will be built
20 Apr 2023
Michael Gove opens new rail components facility in Yorkshire Rail Village
- Siemens Mobility has opened its new rail components facility, located at the business’ rail village in Goole, East Riding of Yorkshire
- The £7m investment high-tech facility will create up to 30 new jobs in the next year, further increasing Siemens Mobility’s significant UK footprint
- Levelling Up Secretary Michael Gove joined by local apprentices at the official opening
13 Apr 2023
Siemens completes study to decarbonise major UK industrial estate by 2038
Siemens has proposed a road-map for decarbonising Trafford Park, one of Europe’s largest industrial estates, to support Trafford Council’s aims for the Greater Manchester borough to achieve net zero by 2038.
03 Apr 2023
Karen Fenwick appointed Head of Communications at Siemens Great Britain & Ireland
30 Mar 2023
The Wildlife Trusts equipped to accelerate EV charging rollout after Siemens study
- - The Wildlife Trusts begin strategic rollout of electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure following audit of energy requirements.
- - Siemens donates major EV charging feasibility study to nature charity as part of broader charity partnership. Worcestershire Wildlife Trust becomes first to implement the recommendations of Siemens’ study.
28 Mar 2023
University of York appoints Siemens to deliver solar farm as part of £1.5 million research project
- The project will enhance the University’s research capabilities to develop and use AI and robotics to inspect and maintain solar arrays.
- The array is expected to be fully operational by July and will enable the University of York’s Institute for Safe Autonomy to become energy self-sufficient.
28 Mar 2023
Siemens Mobility to transform journeys for passengers on the West Coast Main Line
- Siemens Mobility has secured a £41.4m contract for the Kingmoor resignalling scheme, located on the West Coast Main Line.
- Includes installation of company’s Westrace Trackside signalling system manufactured at Siemens Mobility’s factory in Chippenham, Wiltshire.
- The company will deliver the project with a minimised carbon footprint and a lower cost solution.