1470 news releases found, showing page 1 of 123
05 Dec 2023
Siemens hosts Greater Manchester schools for COP28 to inspire the next generation of sustainability leaders
- - 60 students and teachers attended ‘Model COP’ event at Siemens’ HQ in Didsbury
- - Technology company partnered with WildHearts to host Manchester leg of the world’s largest youth-led sustainability summit.
- - Activities led by partners including Wesleyan, Linklaters and Nestlé.
17 Nov 2023
Government action "will enable the confidence to invest in innovation, productivity and sustainability.”
The UK Government has announced that it will introduce new regulation for the advanced manufacturing sector to support growth, alongside new funding for Made Smarter - a government-industry partnership focused on growing UK manufacturing through digital technologies, innovation and skills.
16 Nov 2023
First Siemens Mobility built Piccadilly line train put through its paces
- Extensive testing of state-of-the-art-train underway at test centre in Germany
- Extreme weather conditions tested at climate chamber in Austria
14 Nov 2023
Siemens Mobility scoops gold membership from The 5% Club
- Awarded gold membership from an impressive list of 180 employers
- Recognition follows recent Institution of Mechanical Engineers accreditation which means graduates engineers can attain professional registration as chartered engineers
13 Nov 2023
Breaking ground in Goole: Siemens Mobility Rail Village expansion continues with new warehouse.
- Siemens Mobility breaks ground in Goole for new warehouse, the latest expansion of the Goole Rail Village
- Two new UK sites will provide warehousing for Siemens train depots across the country
- More than 40 roles created to support the new warehouses
20 Sep 2023
Half of UK executives expect to miss their 2030 decarbonisation targets
A significant proportion of UK businesses are falling behind on their sustainability journeys, according to new research from technology company Siemens.
11 Sep 2023
Guernsey approves a new electricity strategy
- The States of Guernsey has approved a new electricity strategy for the Island, developed in partnership with Siemens, as it aims to enhance its electricity system to meet a predicted increase in demand, and support the Island’s net-zero ambition.
- The agreed plan outlines a strategic direction based on additional interconnection, on-island renewables in the form of solar PV and offshore renewables.
- The new strategic direction will also reduce costs, with forecast running costs for existing infrastructure set to be more expensive than adopting a new supply pathway.
05 Sep 2023
Siemens data platform helps Northumbrian Water to tackle household leaks
- Northumbrian Water Group to connect more than one million smart water meters to Siemens data management system
- Cloud-based system will identify household leaks to help reduce water consumption and support Ofwat targets
- Siemens solution represents the company’s largest ever deployment of grid software
- EnergyIP® MDM X for Water software is part of the Siemens Xcelerator portfolio
30 Aug 2023
Siemens Mobility takes the stress out of school holidays with summer childcare camp
- Siemens Mobility has launched a summer childcare camp for employees in Chippenham.
- Local company Essential Skills Coaching are leading the camp
21 Aug 2023
Rail Minister meets apprentices at Siemens Mobility’s Rail Village in East Riding of Yorkshire
- Minister presented with a jar of Goole honey
17 Aug 2023
Siemens supports Indivior to set new standards with automated plant in Hull
- Siemens supports global manufacturer of addiction and mental health treatment medicines to create a new, 1,731 sq ft manufacturing plant in Yorkshire.
- New facility will boost the pharmaceutical company’s operational resilience and will include the latest technology to support team safety.
- Indivior will use the latest iteration of Siemens’ process control system technology, SIMATIC PCS neo, to allow engineers to monitor and control the plant.
14 Aug 2023
Flags fly high for Goole Pride! Siemens Mobility return for a second year.
- Continued support of Goole Pride demonstrates Siemens Mobility’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Colleagues run, walk and volunteer to display their pride and allyship.
- LGBTQIA+ flags fly high in Goole RaisE building.