1314 news releases found, showing page 1 of 110
01 Mar 2021
Train carriages inspire next generation of rail engineers in Yorkshire
- Former Heathrow Express rolling stock relocated to Goole site
- Rebranded carriages are integral part of new rail centre of excellence and will be used to inspire future generations
25 Feb 2021
COVID-19 rapid testing starts at Siemens Mobility in Chippenham, Poole and Northampton
- Government-backed rapid testing programme helps protect people most at risk
- Partnership between Siemens Mobility and NHS Test and Trace enables testing in Chippenham, Poole and Northampton
17 Feb 2021
Siemens: UK manufacturers must step-up energy resilience planning to meet the challenges of tomorrow
- Technology giant says manufacturers face more operational pressures and evolving energy requirements, but some will fall foul of unmaintained legacy electrical systems.
- The spectre of legacy equipment failure could interrupt operations, damage reputation, cost (in fines or revenues) or even be a risk-to-life.
- Calls for UK manufacturing to adopt a more strategic, comprehensive and innovative approach to energy resilience and modern power systems.
17 Feb 2021
Siemens UK is awarded Cyber Essentials Plus (CE+) certification in recognition of high cyber security standards
Siemens plc has been awarded the Cyber Essentials Plus (CE+) certification, a prerequisite for organisations applying for critical national infrastructure (CNI) and defence projects in the United Kingdom.
10 Feb 2021
Yorkshire company wins £40m Siemens Mobility contract to build the UK’s newest train factory
- Yorkshire-based GMI Construction Group PLC beats competition to secure main contract to build rail manufacturing facility in Goole, East Riding of Yorkshire
- Additional £10m in contracts awarded to other local and UK suppliers
- Part of £200m UK investment; majority of first phase spend contracted with Yorkshire businesses
09 Feb 2021
Apprenticeship degree programme hailed a success
Siemens produces 25 new engineers since its launch in 2017
National Apprenticeship Week shines a light on the alternative career pathway for young people says Siemens’ head of training solutions
04 Feb 2021
Siemens selected as key supplier to a Net Zero Carbon Delivery Framework Agreement developed for the public sector by ETL
- The Net Zero Carbon Delivery Framework Agreement is for use by UK public sector bodies including central Government departments and executive agencies, NHS Healthcare Trusts, educational establishments, fire and rescue services, social care bodies, housing associations, local authorities, police authorities and public corporations looking to implement low/zero-carbon technologies.
- Siemens offers, through the framework, a one-stop source for procurement of holistic low and zero carbon technology solutions.
01 Feb 2021
Siemens unearths student talent with virtual competition to design sustainable connected transport system
Siemens has unearthed the next generation of engineering, technology and business talent through an innovative, virtual competition which challenged students to design a smart, sustainable and interconnected transport system.
28 Jan 2021
Health, safety and environmental management ‘double’ global honour for Siemens Mobility
- Siemens Mobility one of just seven organisations worldwide to receive double award from British Safety Council
- Accolades follow maximum five-star safety audit rating
26 Jan 2021
Progress for Birmingham Clean Air Zone
- 67 Sicore II ANPR cameras installed at locations across the city
- Extensive system testing and trials programme now underway
- Scheme on schedule to go live on 1 June 2021
18 Jan 2021
Siemens to supply gas engines for three new peaker plants built by Conrad Energy
- New gas-fired power plants will feed top-up energy into the grid during peak demand times, supporting the UK’s low-carbon energy infrastructure
- Siemens to deliver fuel flexible, low-emission gas engines and design support of the containerised generators
15 Jan 2021
Siemens helps combat early careers crisis with recruitment drive for 26 school leavers, university students and graduates
Siemens is bucking the downward trend in early careers opportunities by offering 26 school leavers, university students and graduates a pathway into manufacturing, automation and digitalisation.