1330 news releases found, showing page 1 of 111
07 May 2021
Westminster goes electric with 1,000 electric vehicle charge points
Westminster City Council and Siemens have installed more than 1,000 on-street Electric Vehicle Charging Points in the City of Westminster, making Westminster the first local authority in the UK to reach this milestone.
06 May 2021
Siemens Mobility scoops trio of accolades at SHE Awards
- HSEQ Director Louise Ward awarded Lifetime Achievement Award
- Richard Abbess wins inaugural Unsung Hero award
- Siemens Mobility’s Poole factory highly commended in ‘Best Health and Safety for Manufacturing’ category
05 May 2021
Fast track degree programme accelerating engineers towards Industry 4.0
Siemens trains 40 employees to graduate from global companies and SMEs since 2017
29 Apr 2021
SP Energy Networks trials the UK's first ‘clean-air’ substation
SP Energy Networks is trialling new environmentally friendly ‘clean-air’ technology at one of its electricity substations as the company continues to lead the way towards a greener way of operations.
29 Apr 2021
Traffic surpasses pre-pandemic levels in Scotland
- Call for cities in Scotland to commit to Clean Air Zones to protect the public
- Daily traffic across Glasgow and Edinburgh higher than pre-pandemic
22 Apr 2021
This Earth Day, Siemens and National Literacy Trust get kids talking about climate and how to care for the environment
This Earth Day, the National Literacy Trust and Siemens have joined forces to raise awareness of the environment and engage children on the topic of climate change. The partnership involves the gifting of over 3,000 books to primary schools across the country, an online author event with Martin Dorey and the launch of an exciting challenge, supported by Walker Books, to help children develop literacy skills to research, plan and advocate for the future.
13 Apr 2021
Siemens helping fleet operators transition to full electric trucks in urban areas
- Commercial fleets are responsible for a disproportionate amount of CO2 emissions on the roads
- Learnings from the electrification of buses are paving the way for cleaner commercial fleets
- The road to decarbonising transport needs to gather pace if the UK is to achieve its goal of zero-emissions by 2050
07 Apr 2021
Siemens helps Cruachan Hydroelectric Power Station remove F-gas switchgear and replace with clean air technology
First UK hydro power station to implement environmentally friendly vacuum switchgear
Siemens has installed four maintenance and F-Gas free generator circuit breakers at Drax Group’s subterranean pumped hydro storage power station in the Scottish Highlands
01 Apr 2021
Siemens Mobility and University of Birmingham announce research and innovation partnership
- Memorandum of Understanding signed to develop centre of excellence for rail research and innovation
- £50 million innovation hub forms part of extensive new rail village in Goole, East Yorkshire
- Education and upskilling opportunities will create jobs, attract talent and increase investment
18 Mar 2021
Siemens’ Digital Twin car design game accelerates next generation towards STEM
The free, fun interactive is mapped to the National Curriculum to inspire young inventors and innovators
16 Mar 2021
Major traffic equipment and maintenance contract for Siemens Mobility in Scotland
- Five-year contract covers maintenance of all existing equipment and installation of new solutions
- Locally based field services team will also upgrade and modernise equipment
09 Mar 2021
Harnessing existing generation assets can enable Net Zero Carbon energy systems for regions and cities, modelling data confirms
- Joint project with Birmingham’s Tyseley Energy Park and the University of Birmingham.
- Demonstrates the potential of cost-effective decarbonisation through more effective utilisation and coordination of current and planned generation assets.
- A more coordinated Net Zero system could supply up to 50,000 users with CO2-neutral electricity or supply Birmingham airport with green electricity, heat and cooling.
- Study demonstrates impact on air quality including potential to fuel green buses and trains using hydrogen as a fuel source.
- Insights will inform and drive energy investment and innovation across the Birmingham City region and will help Birmingham meet its commitments to reduce its CO2 emissions to zero by 2030.
- An Energy Sub Group to the TEP Co-Creation Group is being established to build on the findings of the Energy Strategy Report by investigating, identifying and delivering solutions that contribute to Birmingham’s decarbonisation targets.