1282 news releases found, showing page 1 of 107
15 Sep 2020
Siemens Mobility’s first Goole apprentices start college
- 12 apprentices embark on a three-year Siemens Mobility engineering training programme
- Onboarding marks a major milestone for the Goole facility
03 Sep 2020
Construction world first: Industrial hydrogen fuel cell system to provide combined heat and power to National Grid’s Viking Link construction site
- Hydrogen fuel cell system, delivered by Siemens Energy and partner GeoPura to provide off grid power and heat to National Grid’s UK Viking Link construction site
- Removes the need for diesel generators on site
- Provides innovative, sustainable, low carbon energy to the Viking Link interconnector project site
02 Sep 2020
Siemens supplies EV charging technology for SMMT Drive Zero event
Siemens is pleased to announce it will be providing EV charging technology at this year’s SMMT Drive Zero event from 2nd to 4th September 2020.
28 Aug 2020
Final offshore platform sets sail for Moray East offshore windfarm
- Fabrication of three Offshore Transformer Modules for the Moray East Offshore Windfarm project now completed
- Final OTM to sail away from the fabrication yard this weekend
- All three OTMs delivered to the customer with zero snags
27 Aug 2020
Siemens Mobility Limited awarded Core Valley Lines contract by Transport for Wales
Siemens Mobility Limited has been awarded a three-year contract by Transport for Wales as part of the Core Valley Lines Transformation programme.
13 Aug 2020
Siemens Mobility Limited completes low energy traffic signals upgrade in London
- LED retrofit programme delivers cost savings across 161 crossings and junctions across the capital
- Replacement traffic signal aspects use LED technology to deliver 75% power savings and significantly reduce operational costs
- Upgraded LED signals provide improved reliability and visibility
11 Aug 2020
Siemens Mobility safely commissions new signalling system at Hither Green
Following the final commissioning of the Hither Green Area Resignalling Project, technology from Siemens Mobility Limited is now helping provide an improved service to passengers. The new signalling system will mean greater reliability and better journeys for passengers, not just through Hither Green, but also into Lewisham, Central London and into Kent.
30 Jul 2020
Siemens partners with Social Enterprise UK to benefit society through its procurement
Siemens plc is the latest high-profile business to sign up to the Buy Social Corporate Challenge – a ground-breaking initiative aimed at embedding positive social and environmental impact into everyday business spend.
29 Jul 2020
Siemens Mobility Limited and WJ Group agree long-term partnership
Siemens Mobility Limited and WJ Group have entered into an exclusive, long-term partnership to deliver systems for temporary automatic speed camera at road works (TASCAR) in the UK. Deployed to enforce mandatory speed limits, this TASCAR solution will feature Siemens Mobility’s HOTA (Home Office Type Approval) approved SafeZone system incorporating the company’s Sicore II ANPR camera.
22 Jul 2020
Siemens Mobility Limited awarded six-year cab radio framework contract by Norske tog AS
- Contract covers supply of 570 train cab radios for Norway
- Benefits to include increased safety and enhanced passenger experience
21 Jul 2020
University of Hull partners with Siemens to create 2027 carbon neutral roadmap
The University of Hull’s vision to become carbon neutral by 2027 will be mapped out in a detailed strategic masterplan in partnership with Siemens.
20 Jul 2020
Reshoring: from automotive to critical Covid local manufacturing
The UK has relied on overseas supply chains to provide the nation with face masks during Covid-19. With the perilous nature of those networks now in question, Siemens and one of its customers have provided a home-grown solution to meet the huge demand for face masks, ensuring factories across the country can open their doors and diversify to meet the demand.