1362 news releases found, showing page 4 of 114
29 Apr 2021
Traffic surpasses pre-pandemic levels in Scotland
- Call for cities in Scotland to commit to Clean Air Zones to protect the public
- Daily traffic across Glasgow and Edinburgh higher than pre-pandemic
22 Apr 2021
This Earth Day, Siemens and National Literacy Trust get kids talking about climate and how to care for the environment
This Earth Day, the National Literacy Trust and Siemens have joined forces to raise awareness of the environment and engage children on the topic of climate change. The partnership involves the gifting of over 3,000 books to primary schools across the country, an online author event with Martin Dorey and the launch of an exciting challenge, supported by Walker Books, to help children develop literacy skills to research, plan and advocate for the future.
13 Apr 2021
Siemens helping fleet operators transition to full electric trucks in urban areas
- Commercial fleets are responsible for a disproportionate amount of CO2 emissions on the roads
- Learnings from the electrification of buses are paving the way for cleaner commercial fleets
- The road to decarbonising transport needs to gather pace if the UK is to achieve its goal of zero-emissions by 2050
07 Apr 2021
Siemens helps Cruachan Hydroelectric Power Station remove F-gas switchgear and replace with clean air technology
First UK hydro power station to implement environmentally friendly vacuum switchgear
Siemens has installed four maintenance and F-Gas free generator circuit breakers at Drax Group’s subterranean pumped hydro storage power station in the Scottish Highlands
01 Apr 2021
Siemens Mobility and University of Birmingham announce research and innovation partnership
- Memorandum of Understanding signed to develop centre of excellence for rail research and innovation
- £50 million innovation hub forms part of extensive new rail village in Goole, East Yorkshire
- Education and upskilling opportunities will create jobs, attract talent and increase investment
18 Mar 2021
Siemens’ Digital Twin car design game accelerates next generation towards STEM
The free, fun interactive is mapped to the National Curriculum to inspire young inventors and innovators
16 Mar 2021
Major traffic equipment and maintenance contract for Siemens Mobility in Scotland
- Five-year contract covers maintenance of all existing equipment and installation of new solutions
- Locally based field services team will also upgrade and modernise equipment
09 Mar 2021
Harnessing existing generation assets can enable Net Zero Carbon energy systems for regions and cities, modelling data confirms
- Joint project with Birmingham’s Tyseley Energy Park and the University of Birmingham.
- Demonstrates the potential of cost-effective decarbonisation through more effective utilisation and coordination of current and planned generation assets.
- A more coordinated Net Zero system could supply up to 50,000 users with CO2-neutral electricity or supply Birmingham airport with green electricity, heat and cooling.
- Study demonstrates impact on air quality including potential to fuel green buses and trains using hydrogen as a fuel source.
- Insights will inform and drive energy investment and innovation across the Birmingham City region and will help Birmingham meet its commitments to reduce its CO2 emissions to zero by 2030.
- An Energy Sub Group to the TEP Co-Creation Group is being established to build on the findings of the Energy Strategy Report by investigating, identifying and delivering solutions that contribute to Birmingham’s decarbonisation targets.
04 Mar 2021
TfL and Siemens Mobility unveil detailed design of new Piccadilly line trains
- Ninety-four new trains will replace the 1970s-built Piccadilly line fleet
- New trains will be state-of-the-art, with more space, air conditioning, walk-through carriages and improved accessibility
- Vital investment will support both London and the wider UK economy – helping to create jobs around the country
03 Mar 2021
Fears about air quality with road traffic set to surge as lockdown lifts
- Call for cities to commit to Clean Air Zones to protect the public
- Traffic across major cities in January 2021 at 83% of the levels seen before COVID-19
03 Mar 2021
Siemens steps up Industrial Network training to plug skills gap
The programme supports manufacturers and consultants who assist in upgrading operational networks
01 Mar 2021
Train carriages inspire next generation of rail engineers in Yorkshire
- Former Heathrow Express rolling stock relocated to Goole site
- Rebranded carriages are integral part of new rail centre of excellence and will be used to inspire future generations