1470 news releases found, showing page 7 of 123
01 Jul 2022
Economist Lord Jim O’Neill to make keynote speech at Siemens’ Transform 2022 conference
Andy Burnham, Mayor of Greater Manchester, joins as special guest at two-day event at Manchester Central
Four headline transformation topics will be debated on 12th and 13th July
30 Jun 2022
Minister marks Siemens Mobility’s £7m investment in Goole rail component facility
- Siemens Mobility has announced it will invest £7m in a new rail component facility in Goole.
- Business Minister Lee Rowley marked the occasion by signing one of the British steels.
- The £7m component facility will create up to 30 new jobs and will be built by local firm GMI using its British supply chain.
- Situated in the rail village in Goole which will be a centre for excellence for the rail industry with up to £200m investment from Siemens Mobility.
30 Jun 2022
Siemens Mobility and partners celebrate primary school children’s engineering projects
- Siemens Mobility holds event in Goole to celebrate the work of local primary school children under the Primary Engineer programme
- Primary Engineer, in partnership with Siemens Mobility and the Government’s Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), highlights to children the exciting opportunities in engineering
- Siemens Mobility and BEIS have supported 13 schools across the Goole area with Primary Engineer
20 Jun 2022
Siemens appoints Sarah Black-Smith as General Manager for its UK Motion Control business
13 Jun 2022
Siemens and Liverpool John Moores University launch new top-up degree programme
Manufacturing Systems Engineering degree is shot in arm for sector in upskilling bid.
09 Jun 2022
Celebrating the UK’s wild spaces with new lighting technology
Siemens graduates help create collaborative artwork through innovation as part of a UK-wide celebration of the great outdoors
08 Jun 2022
Siemens acquires Senseye - predictive maintenance and asset intelligence for industrial companies
- Siemens expands its portfolio for digital enterprises services
- Senseye is a leading provider of AI-powered solutions for industrial machine performance and reliability
- Predictive Maintenance use case reduces unplanned machine downtime, boosts productivity and increases sustainability
01 Jun 2022
Siemens Mobility recruits ex-armed forces personnel for Military2Rail programme
- Twelve former armed forces personnel recruited by Siemens Mobility.
- Recruits undergo six-week intensive training including first aid, track safety and basic signalling technology.
- Their permanent roles include Project Managers, Network Engineers and Health and Safety Advisors.
30 May 2022
Stoke-on-Trent City Council’s partnership with Siemens dramatically reduces carbon and costs
- Stoke-on-Trent City Council has a long-term commitment to reduce its carbon footprint and to improve the sustainability of its services.
- A total investment of £6.24m since 2019, comprising a £4.34m grant from the national Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme, as well as council funding and private sector investment was used to fund the projects.
- Works included projects across 11 public buildings in the city, which have reduced annual CO2 emissions by 1,415 tonnes, saved £628,258 per year in energy costs, decreased overall power consumption by 4,07,272 kWh, and decreased gas consumption by 2,864,974 kWh.
- The three-year phased-improvements programme optimised energy efficiencies, developed onsite generation and added decarbonisation measures to several buildings and sites across the city.
24 May 2022
Transport for Londons’ Elizabeth line transforming journeys powered by Siemens Mobility’s digital technology
- Siemens Mobility’s digital signalling and railway management systems make journeys smooth and seamless from station to station
- A prime example of how investing in London benefits the wider UK with Siemens Mobility centres of excellence for engineering, technology, manufacturing and testing in Wiltshire and Leicestershire playing a key role
- Complexities managed through careful testing and integration
17 May 2022
Siemens to host Transform 2022 at Manchester Central
Industry leaders and technology experts to showcase digital transformation to help organisations become more productive and sustainable
Siemens and Make UK Sustainability Report will be launched at the event
22 Apr 2022
Siemens Mobility takes part in Network Rail trials to predict rough rides
- Six-month trial features Siemens Mobility’s train-borne conditioning monitoring solution
- System delivers benefits to passengers, maintainers, and train operating companies
- Trial uses fleet of 80 South Western Railway trains on the Wessex region