1235 news releases found, showing page 7 of 103
12 Jun 2019
Siemens transforms building from standard to smart in pilot scheme
- The Heights Leisure Centre has gone from conventional to connected in EU pilot scheme
- Siemens Navigator platform has been installed alongside existing infrastructure without the need for any new hardware
- Council staff and project partners can now understand how the building operates and where it can be improved for energy and comfort
05 Jun 2019
Siemens Mobility formally submits bid for HS2 contract
Siemens Mobility Limited has formally submitted its bid to supply and maintain 54 trains for Phase One of High Speed Two (HS2).
03 Jun 2019
Construction progressing at Keadby 2
A number of UK and Lincolnshire companies have begun work on Keadby 2 the new combined cycle gas turbine (CCGT) power station being developed in Lincolnshire for SSE by Siemens.
20 May 2019
Siemens double hire in intralogistics
Global engineering business Siemens has bolstered its intralogistics expertise with two new appointments.
17 May 2019
Siemens Smart Infrastructure: well-designed hospitals help patients heal faster
When patients are allowed to recover in a more comfortable environment studies show there is a positive impact on their healing and well-being. Effective building design has been widely used to help patients recover more quickly and hospital staff to work more efficiently. Evidence-based design (EBD), the process of making changes to the built environment based on research to improve outcomes, has helped lower the incidences of hospital-acquired infections, medical errors, patient accidents, and staff injuries.
16 May 2019
Siemens to provide UK’s first SF6 free 145kV vacuum circuit breakers in Scotland
Siemens Gas and Power will provide the UK’s first ‘clean air’ insulated high voltage switchgear to Wood T&D, as the lead contractor for the upgrade of Dunbeath substation on the north coast of Scotland.
14 May 2019
Siemens Mobility to showcase latest high-speed train at Railtex 2019
- Siemens Mobility to showcase latest high-speed train model, the Velaro Novo, at Railtex 2019
- The highly cost-efficient train can reach speeds of up to 360 km/h, offers 10% more space and uses 30% less energy than previous Velaro models
- The Velaro Novo enhances passenger experience while also increasing value sustainably over the entire life cycle
14 May 2019
Siemens Mobility opens UK manufacturing line for traction switchgear
- Dedicated UK manufacturing line for Sitras ASG25, air-insulated switchgear system
- Localisation is bringing benefits to customers and strengthening the wider UK supply chain
14 May 2019
Why Smart Warehousing Isn’t Just About Bots Shifting Boxes
Scott Read, Head of Intralogistics, Siemens Digital Industries
Increasingly demands across the supply chain means many warehouses and fulfilment centres are having to get far more efficient and genuinely future-proofed.
13 May 2019
Siemens UK & Ireland appoints Scott Read as Head of Intralogistics
Scott Read has been appointed as the new Head of Intralogistics at Siemens UK and Ireland, reflecting the fast-paced growth within the sector.
13 May 2019
Why It’s Time For Pharma To Get Smarter In The Race For Personalised Meds
By their very nature, the manufacture of pharmaceuticals needs an incredibly high degree of consistency and traceability from drug discovery to patient delivery.
09 May 2019
Advanced rail solutions from Siemens Mobility Limited at Railtex
- A wide range of intelligent infrastructure on display – showcasing solutions for connected mobility
- Visitors will see how digitalisation is helping operators worldwide benefit from intelligent trains and infrastructure