11 Dec 2019Siemens GPM7 first software to pass National Grid ESO qualification testing for Wider Access to the electricity Balancing Mechanism
09 Jan 2020
Plans revealed for rail industry innovation centre
- Planning application submitted for facility in Goole, East Yorkshire
- Research and development hub will complement £200m Siemens Mobility rail manufacturing facility
25 Dec 2019
Why blockchain will play a leading role in the Food & Beverage Industry?
Keith Thornhill, Siemens Digital Industries Head of Food & Beverage Industry
Knowing where our food comes from is more important to today’s generation than it has ever been. We live in a world where answers to everything are at our fingertips. Technological advances in every sphere of life, including communications, have made it possible to remain connected and enjoy easy access to information.
16 Dec 2019
Siemens Mobility Limited leads partnership to deliver new EV charging network
- Siemens Mobility helps communities to prepare for EV growth
- Key partners include Alfen and ENGIE EV Solutions
- Over 120 new EV charge point connections will be provided across the region
- Scheme will feature four charging hubs across the West of England, each with up to eight rapid-charging units
11 Dec 2019
Siemens GPM7 first software to pass National Grid ESO qualification testing for Wider Access to the electricity Balancing Mechanism
Siemens GPM7 software, which allows power generators to access the Great Britain Balancing Mechanism (BM), is the first software to pass National Grid Electricity System Operator (ESO)’s qualification testing process for Wider Access to the BM market, which which came into effect on Wednesday, 11 December 2019.
10 Dec 2019
Siemens Mobility awarded national traffic control contract by Highways England
- Successful initial programme leads to full implementation in Highways England’s South East and North East regions
- System to control and monitor over 260 traffic signal sites by 2020
- Complete solution is provided as managed Software as a Service
10 Dec 2019
A Siemens Christmas Carol
Bah humbug! Can businesses enjoy an eco-friendly Christmas without being Scrooges?