17 Feb 2021Siemens: UK manufacturers must step-up energy resilience planning to meet the challenges of tomorrow
17 Feb 2021Siemens UK is awarded Cyber Essentials Plus (CE+) certification in recognition of high cyber security standards
01 Mar 2021
Train carriages inspire next generation of rail engineers in Yorkshire
- Former Heathrow Express rolling stock relocated to Goole site
- Rebranded carriages are integral part of new rail centre of excellence and will be used to inspire future generations
25 Feb 2021
COVID-19 rapid testing starts at Siemens Mobility in Chippenham, Poole and Northampton
- Government-backed rapid testing programme helps protect people most at risk
- Partnership between Siemens Mobility and NHS Test and Trace enables testing in Chippenham, Poole and Northampton
17 Feb 2021
Siemens: UK manufacturers must step-up energy resilience planning to meet the challenges of tomorrow
- Technology giant says manufacturers face more operational pressures and evolving energy requirements, but some will fall foul of unmaintained legacy electrical systems.
- The spectre of legacy equipment failure could interrupt operations, damage reputation, cost (in fines or revenues) or even be a risk-to-life.
- Calls for UK manufacturing to adopt a more strategic, comprehensive and innovative approach to energy resilience and modern power systems.
17 Feb 2021
Siemens UK is awarded Cyber Essentials Plus (CE+) certification in recognition of high cyber security standards
Siemens plc has been awarded the Cyber Essentials Plus (CE+) certification, a prerequisite for organisations applying for critical national infrastructure (CNI) and defence projects in the United Kingdom.
10 Feb 2021
Yorkshire company wins £40m Siemens Mobility contract to build the UK’s newest train factory
- Yorkshire-based GMI Construction Group PLC beats competition to secure main contract to build rail manufacturing facility in Goole, East Riding of Yorkshire
- Additional £10m in contracts awarded to other local and UK suppliers
- Part of £200m UK investment; majority of first phase spend contracted with Yorkshire businesses
09 Feb 2021
Apprenticeship degree programme hailed a success
Siemens produces 25 new engineers since its launch in 2017
National Apprenticeship Week shines a light on the alternative career pathway for young people says Siemens’ head of training solutions