07 May 2021
Westminster goes electric with 1,000 electric vehicle charge points
Westminster City Council and Siemens have installed more than 1,000 on-street Electric Vehicle Charging Points in the City of Westminster, making Westminster the first local authority in the UK to reach this milestone.
06 May 2021
Siemens Mobility scoops trio of accolades at SHE Awards
- HSEQ Director Louise Ward awarded Lifetime Achievement Award
- Richard Abbess wins inaugural Unsung Hero award
- Siemens Mobility’s Poole factory highly commended in ‘Best Health and Safety for Manufacturing’ category
05 May 2021
Fast track degree programme accelerating engineers towards Industry 4.0
Siemens trains 40 employees to graduate from global companies and SMEs since 2017
29 Apr 2021
SP Energy Networks trials the UK's first ‘clean-air’ substation
SP Energy Networks is trialling new environmentally friendly ‘clean-air’ technology at one of its electricity substations as the company continues to lead the way towards a greener way of operations.
29 Apr 2021
Traffic surpasses pre-pandemic levels in Scotland
- Call for cities in Scotland to commit to Clean Air Zones to protect the public
- Daily traffic across Glasgow and Edinburgh higher than pre-pandemic
22 Apr 2021
This Earth Day, Siemens and National Literacy Trust get kids talking about climate and how to care for the environment
This Earth Day, the National Literacy Trust and Siemens have joined forces to raise awareness of the environment and engage children on the topic of climate change. The partnership involves the gifting of over 3,000 books to primary schools across the country, an online author event with Martin Dorey and the launch of an exciting challenge, supported by Walker Books, to help children develop literacy skills to research, plan and advocate for the future.