1275 news releases found, showing page 1 of 107
30 Jul 2020
Siemens partners with Social Enterprise UK to benefit society through its procurement
Siemens plc is the latest high-profile business to sign up to the Buy Social Corporate Challenge – a ground-breaking initiative aimed at embedding positive social and environmental impact into everyday business spend.
29 Jul 2020
Siemens Mobility Limited and WJ Group agree long-term partnership
Siemens Mobility Limited and WJ Group have entered into an exclusive, long-term partnership to deliver systems for temporary automatic speed camera at road works (TASCAR) in the UK. Deployed to enforce mandatory speed limits, this TASCAR solution will feature Siemens Mobility’s HOTA (Home Office Type Approval) approved SafeZone system incorporating the company’s Sicore II ANPR camera.
22 Jul 2020
Siemens Mobility Limited awarded six-year cab radio framework contract by Norske tog AS
- Contract covers supply of 570 train cab radios for Norway
- Benefits to include increased safety and enhanced passenger experience
21 Jul 2020
University of Hull partners with Siemens to create 2027 carbon neutral roadmap
The University of Hull’s vision to become carbon neutral by 2027 will be mapped out in a detailed strategic masterplan in partnership with Siemens.
20 Jul 2020
Reshoring: from automotive to critical Covid local manufacturing
The UK has relied on overseas supply chains to provide the nation with face masks during Covid-19. With the perilous nature of those networks now in question, Siemens and one of its customers have provided a home-grown solution to meet the huge demand for face masks, ensuring factories across the country can open their doors and diversify to meet the demand.
17 Jul 2020
How Siemens apprentices and young engineers used talent and digital tools to make history
Young engineers at Siemens have become part of manufacturing history after playing a major role in the record-breaking ventilator challenge.
13 Jul 2020
Siemens Mobility Limited awarded Edinburgh Tram to Newhaven project contract
- Improved accessibility between the north of Edinburgh, the city centre and the airport
- Project makes it easier for people to travel using low-carbon transport
- Siemens Mobility to supply a broad range of intelligent infrastructure solutions for the extension
10 Jul 2020
Siemens Mobility Limited commissions Plus+ installation for Coventry City Council
- Intelligent infrastructure minimises disruption and installation time
- System is now controlling busy intersection in Coventry
- Offsite pre-assembly and configuration enabled faster and safer installation in a controlled, socially-distanced environment
06 Jul 2020
Prime Minister marks major milestone for Siemens Mobility’s Goole rail facility
- Prime Minister Boris Johnson visits to see start of £200m development
- Construction begins on train manufacturing plant and supply chain rail village
- New Piccadilly line Tube trains to be built in Yorkshire & the Humber, with potential for future mainline train construction
- Boost for employment creating thousands of UK jobs and lasting legacy for rail industry
30 Jun 2020
Triton Knoll Offshore Windfarm donates vital funds to Lincolnshire Charities
Seven charities from Lincolnshire have each received a £1,300 donation from the Siemens Energy and the 857MW Triton Knoll Offshore Windfarm project safety charity fund.
22 Jun 2020
Siemens Mobility Limited launches real time integrated air quality monitoring system
- Air quality sensor measures pollutants, temperature and humidity
- Enables dynamic traffic management interventions to be implemented
- Offered as a service, sensor integrates with traffic signals and traffic management systems
22 Jun 2020
‘International Women in Engineering Day’: Siemens at forefront of recruiting women into manufacturing
Sarah Black-Smith from the Siemens Congleton factory says engineering has opened a world of opportunities for women