1478 news releases found, showing page 1 of 124
26 Feb 2024
Siemens welcomes UK Prime Minister and Cabinet to the Goole Rail Village
- Siemens hosted the Rt Hon Rishi Sunak MP, UK Prime Minister and his ministers at the Goole Rail Village, East Riding of Yorkshire, for their Cabinet meeting.
- The Prime Minister met our next generation of British engineers who will be building the UK’s future trains at Goole.
- The £200 million Goole Rail Village is creating up to 700 jobs and up to 1700 supply chain opportunities.
12 Feb 2024
80% of new Piccadilly line trains will be assembled in Yorkshire, Siemens Mobility confirms
- Siemens Mobility is investing up to £200m in a new state of the art rail village in Goole, East Riding of Yorkshire
- The train factory onsite will produce up to 80% of new London Underground Piccadilly line trains in the UK, up from 50%
- The whole rail village will employ up to 700 people and create up to 1,700 supply chain opportunities.
23 Jan 2024
Siemens to host Transform 2024 in Manchester
- Thousands of participants from across industry will come together to explore digital and sustainable transformation
- Transform 2024 aims to help participant businesses become more sustainable, competitive and resilient
- Topics from AI to the industrial metaverse and decarbonisation on the agenda at free-to-attend Manchester show.
10 Jan 2024
Siemens Mobility wins landmark HS2 contract
- Contract to deliver the station building systems for all HS2 stations, Curzon Street, Interchange, Old Oak Common and Euston.
- Project will be delivered from the company’s engineering and manufacturing site in Ashby de-la-Zouch, Leicestershire, supporting around 200 jobs.
04 Jan 2024
Siemens Mobility kickstarts recruitment drive at pioneering Goole train factory
- Siemens Mobility is investing up to £200m in developing a rail village in Goole, East Yorkshire, which is starting production of the Piccadilly line Tube trains this Spring.
- Recruitment has ramped up with 35 new colleagues recently employed at the Goole site, and more job roles available in the upcoming months.
- The new starters have begun a knowledge transfer programme with a visit to Siemens Mobility’s sister production facility in Vienna, Austria
19 Dec 2023
Siemens Mobility supports local food bank in Goole with substantial donation for the fourth year in a row.
- Siemens Mobility’s donates £5,000 to Two Rivers Community Pantry, Goole to provide sweet treats, toys, and Christmas theatre tickets to families in need.
- Staff donate additional toys and festive items to bring festive cheer to those in need.
18 Dec 2023
New Barnsley chocolate factory holds golden ticket for careers in STEM
- New 1000sqft chocolate factory will provide young people with hands-on manufacturing experience to help address STEM (science, technology, engineering and maths) skills gaps.
- JJA Snack teams up with Siemens to create the Barnsley facility utilising pioneering technologies.
- The educational facility opens as Christmas blockbuster release Wonka tells the story of how Roald Dahl’s famous character rose to chocolate-making fame.
13 Dec 2023
Syeda Ghufran joins Siemens Mobility as Director of Asset Management and Assurance for Customer Services
Siemens Mobility today announced the appointment of Syeda Ghufran who joins as the new Director of Asset Management and Assurance for Customer Services.
05 Dec 2023
Siemens hosts Greater Manchester schools for COP28 to inspire the next generation of sustainability leaders
- - 60 students and teachers attended ‘Model COP’ event at Siemens’ HQ in Didsbury
- - Technology company partnered with WildHearts to host Manchester leg of the world’s largest youth-led sustainability summit.
- - Activities led by partners including Wesleyan, Linklaters and Nestlé.
17 Nov 2023
Government action "will enable the confidence to invest in innovation, productivity and sustainability.”
The UK Government has announced that it will introduce new regulation for the advanced manufacturing sector to support growth, alongside new funding for Made Smarter - a government-industry partnership focused on growing UK manufacturing through digital technologies, innovation and skills.
16 Nov 2023
First Siemens Mobility built Piccadilly line train put through its paces
- Extensive testing of state-of-the-art-train underway at test centre in Germany
- Extreme weather conditions tested at climate chamber in Austria
14 Nov 2023
Siemens Mobility scoops gold membership from The 5% Club
- Awarded gold membership from an impressive list of 180 employers
- Recognition follows recent Institution of Mechanical Engineers accreditation which means graduates engineers can attain professional registration as chartered engineers