1372 news releases found, showing page 11 of 115
19 May 2020
Siemens Mobility awarded urban traffic control contract by Renfrewshire Council
- 10 year contract to upgrade and expand traffic control system
- Siemens Mobility’s new cloud-based UTC-UX solution to be introduced
- Intelligent traffic solution will enhance road users’ experience
19 May 2020
SCI partners with Siemens to complete the retrofit of Garrard House in the City of London
- Siemens: With 80% of buildings expected to be in use for the next 30 years, retrofitting will provide a more economic and sustainable future.
- On completion, the retrofitted high-rise office development in EC2 will incorporate the latest adaptive mechanical and electrical systems to optimise the building’s energy efficiency; cutting costs and improving occupant well-being.
- CO2 footprint will be reduced by 50% to 35kg CO2/m2 compared with the current building.
15 May 2020
Keadby 2 turbine sets sail for its new north Lincolnshire home
- CCGT (combined cycle gas turbine) set sail from Berlin on 15 May for the UK
- The £350 million project will be capable of powering around 840,000 homes from 2022
- The first-of-a-kind turbine will make Keadby 2 one of the cleanest and most efficient gas-fired power stations in the world
07 May 2020
Siemens Mobility announces Goole training partner
- Selby College appointed training partner for apprenticeship programme
- Siemens Mobility received 200 applications for first 12 apprentice positions
- Successful applicants will be the first recruits for world-class facility
06 May 2020
Siemens partners with Cyber Resilience Centre to help Greater Manchester businesses combat cyber threat
Siemens has teamed up with the Cyber Resilience Centre (CRC) for Greater Manchester to help businesses stay secure after a surge in online crime.
15 Apr 2020
First Triton Knoll offshore platform reaches Lincolnshire
The 857MW Triton Knoll Offshore Windfarm project reached a major milestone in April as the first of the two Siemens Offshore Transformer Modules® (OTM) – the offshore substation platforms – sailed from Belgium to its final destination, 32 kilometres off the Lincolnshire coast.
08 Apr 2020
Siemens steps up to support the UK’s Ventilator Challenge
Siemens Congleton and Sudbury facilities in action to fight Covid-19. Every ventilator made can save a life.
30 Mar 2020
Siemens joins national business group to increase UK ventilator production
A consortium of significant UK industrial, technology and engineering businesses from across the aerospace, automotive and medical sectors, has come together to produce medical ventilators for the UK.
20 Mar 2020
Siemens provides free science experiments and games for families stuck at home
Anyone can be an engineer!
17 Mar 2020
Siemens unveils UK’s first converted ‘Electric Avenue’
- Sutherland Avenue is UK’s first residential avenue fully converted to provide lamppost electric vehicle charging points
- Conversions address growing demand for electric vehicles, add 24
- Helps Westminster reach its thousand charge point target for 2020
11 Mar 2020
Siemens urges Northern Ireland manufacturers to ‘strategise’ digitalisation
People, culture and attitude at core of digital technology adoption
10 Mar 2020
First trainee roles announced for Goole rail manufacturing project
- Recruitment drive launched to join team at state-of-the-art facility
- Apprenticeships announced as London’s Transport Commissioner visits development site where new Piccadilly line trains will be built
- London contract key catalyst for investment in Goole facility