1269 news releases found, showing page 11 of 106
07 May 2019
The dark side of wearables and wellbeing
Siemens Smart Infrastructure: potential to improve the wellbeing of building occupants could be tempered by a risk to privacy
07 May 2019
From Wobbly Wheels To A Charter Of Trust – How Do We De-Risk Big Data?
Moving from isolated data monitoring to integrated data analytics is one of the biggest shifts in industrial production in a generation, and it opens up a world of possibilities to all engineers.
02 May 2019
Siemens welcomes Net Zero climate report
Siemens has responded to the Committee on Climate Change (CCC) report released today (Thursday 2 May) ‘Net Zero – The UK’s contribution to stopping global warming’ setting out its vision to achieving net zero emissions by 2050 in the UK.
30 Apr 2019
Siemens to spark interest in engineering this bank holiday
Siemens is partnering with SPARK Engineering Festival, a three-day celebration of Lincoln’s engineering past, present and future, to promote STEM activities to people across Lincoln this bank holiday weekend (3-5 May).
23 Apr 2019
Siemens Mobility submits plans for Goole rail manufacturing facility
- Proposed £200m development at Goole 36 reaches major milestone
- First phase of manufacturing site expected to open in 2023
17 Apr 2019
Supply Chain Digitalisation: re-balancing the supplier and customer relationship
Scott Read, Head of Intralogistics, Siemens Digital Industries
In today’s digital world, everyone wants things faster. Customers are no longer prepared to accept simply that the right goods have been delivered into the correct hands.
16 Apr 2019
London leads Siemens Atlas of Digitalization as most ‘digitally ready’ global city
- Atlas identifies digital readiness and potential for six cities: Buenos Aires, Dubai, Johannesburg, London, Los Angeles, and Taipei
- London has the potential to capitalize on its digital lead in the fourth industrial revolution
- Atlas aims to inspire new thinking on the global journey to City 4.0
16 Apr 2019
West Midlands company Crabtree celebrates centenary
- Crabtree, a leading UK brand of electrical equipment celebrates its 100th Birthday on 17th April 2019
- A former epicentre of industrial manufacturing in Walsall, the brand welcomes its centenary
- Celebratory events are taking place 15 – 18th April with colleagues, customers and Crabtree family members
15 Apr 2019
Sweet Success For Kinnerton Thanks To Siemens
Siemens has a long history of working with confectionary businesses across a wide range of sector issues. Some of the key manufacturing challenges being addressed today by Siemens Digital Industries, the company’s specialist division dealing with Industry 4.0 technologies, are in areas such as supply chain traceability, packaging innovation, intralogistics and reduced energy costs.
11 Apr 2019
From Westminster to stretch-wrapping in Lancashire – How Siemens is helping to shape the UKs industrial digitalisation journey.
As Managing Director of Siemens Digital Industries, a business dedicated to the roll-out of industry 4.0 products and services, I was recently asked to give evidence to the BEIS Select Committee looking at the subject of automation and the future of work.
09 Apr 2019
100th bogie completed at new Siemens Bogie Service Centre
- New Siemens Bogie Service Centre completes servicing of its 100th bogie – four months since opening
- Lincoln facility services bogies for the Velaro Eurostar e320 and Desiro City trains
- Investment in Centre represents Siemens’ growing UK footprint
05 Apr 2019
‘FlexiFinish’ – helping to realise Additive Manufacturing potential
Siemens is collaborating with a number of the High Value Manufacturing (HVM) Catapults across the UK to help support the growth and success of advanced manufacturing.
As part of its ongoing partnerships, the company’s digital technologies are playing an integral part in helping to bring new, innovative ideas to life and build value through the future commercialisation of new concepts.