1224 news releases found, showing page 11 of 102
17 Dec 2018
£24m Nottingham research facility opens to transform UK manufacturing in the digital age
With manufacturing on the cusp of a technological revolution, a flagship research facility is opening its doors at the University of Nottingham to help future-proof UK industry in a competitive global market.Siemens UK CEO, Juergen Maier officially opened the Advanced Manufacturing Building (AMB) on Friday 7 December 2018.
12 Dec 2018
Siemens opens 15th UK factory following £27 million investment
- Materials Solutions – a Siemens business opens its doors to new additive manufacturing facility
- Digitalised production facility to support serial production
- The move will create an additional 25 highly-skilled engineering roles in the UK
- The investment shows how Siemens is putting the Industrial Strategy into action
07 Dec 2018
Siemens hosts annual supplier event to support innovation in SMEs
Siemens Mobility Limited’s annual rolling stock supplier event took place at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Chipping Norton in November.
07 Dec 2018
Siemens Elf & Safety Advice: where there’s smoke, there isn’t always fire!
- False alarms cost the UK economy £1 billion a year
- Over 95% of automatically-generated fire alarms are false alarms
- Fire and Rescue Services are distracted from genuine emergencies over the busy festive period
06 Dec 2018
Siemens wins order for its largest offshore grid connection in the UK to date
- Moray East has a capacity of 950 MW representing Siemens’ largest UK grid access project to date
- Siemens to deliver onshore substation and three offshore transformer modules (OTM®)
- After commissioning Moray East will provide enough clean energy to power almost one million UK homes
05 Dec 2018
Siemens connects electricity grids of UK and Belgium with HVDC Link
- Nemo Link® interconnector enables transmission of 1000MW electricity using Siemens HVDC Plus technology
- Siemens built converter stations housing the state of the art HVDC equipment in both Herdersbrug (Belgium) and Richborough (UK)
- Official opening ceremony on December 5 in Herdersbrug (near Brugge) with Belgian and UK dignitaries
03 Dec 2018
Siemens Building Technologies awarded prestigious health and safety management award
Siemens Building Technologies division has won a prestigious Sword of Honour from the British Safety Council.
26 Nov 2018
Siemens £8m bogie facility in Lincoln now open
The ribbon was cut at an official opening event at Siemens’ £8 million Bogie Service Centre (BSC) on Waterside South in Lincoln on Friday. (Pictured: Lincoln MP Karen Lee, Mayor of Lincoln Keith Weaver and from Siemens Johannes Emmelheinz. Photo by Steve Smalles).
20 Nov 2018
Siemens Mobility Limited signs contract to design and manufacture a new generation of Tube trains
London Underground Limited (a subsidiary of Transport for London) has signed a contract with Siemens Mobility Limited to design and build 94 new generation Tube trains to replace the existing 1970s fleet.
20 Nov 2018
Siemens and ubitricity rollout first London EV charging points
Southwark Council joined Siemens and its technology partner ubitricity to unveil their first electric vehicle charge points, installed using the recently announced London Go Ultra Low Cities Scheme (GULCS), a residential charging fund via the Mayor, Transport for London (TfL), and London Councils framework.
08 Nov 2018
Siemens awards subcontracts for Triton Knoll Offshore Windfarm
Manchester based Siemens Transmission & Distribution Ltd. (STDL) has awarded its first major contracts as engineering lead for the electrical transmission system for Triton Knoll Offshore windfarm, based 33km off the Lincolnshire coast.
07 Nov 2018
Bristol City Council wins Best Smart City Award – with help from Siemens Mobility Limited
Bristol City Council was named winner of the ‘Best Smart City Project’ at this year’s Smarter Travel Awards, receiving the award for its outstanding Traffic Control Service which moved into the council’s Operations Centre in 2017.