137 news releases found, showing page 11 of 12
27 Feb 2018
HOSOKAWA AND SIEMENS ANNOUNCE COLLABORATIVE DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY PROJECT
- Project utilising Siemens’ MindSphere IoT operating system designed to aid competitiveness, improve productivity and reduce operating costs
- Hosokawa to benefit from adoption of digital technology platform at its Runcorn manufacturing facility
22 Feb 2018
GO DIGITAL FOR A COMPETITIVE EDGE
Following 2017’s publication of the Government-backed ‘Made Smarter’ review, Mike Houghton, Managing Director – Process Industries and Drives, Siemens UK & Ireland, outlines some exciting digital technology solutions designed to support process industries as they embark on their digitalisation journey. Mike is also advising the All Party Parliamentary Group for Trade and Investment on topics relating engineering in the process sector.
08 Feb 2018
Top engineering students come together for innovative Siemens challenge
Last weekend, over 70 students travelled to the University of Sheffield to take part in the 48 hour Sir William Siemens Challenge: MindSphere Live, the UK student engineering event of the year!
02 Feb 2018
Siemens to invest £8m in new Bogie Service Centre
40 skilled rail technical jobs to be created
31 Jan 2018
Siemens Rail Automation Appoints New Operations Director
Siemens has announced the appointment of Matt Kent to the position of Director of Operations for its Rail Automation business in the UK.
26 Jan 2018
Siemens Food & Beverage Head Takes Advisory Board Chairmanship for Sector's Flagship Project
- New Chairman to focus on adoption of digitalisation solutions as key for food & beverage sector’s prospects
26 Jan 2018
Jason Peel appointed to lead Motion Control business at Siemens UK
- Jason Peel to lead major UK operation within the Digital Factory business.
- Plans mark the start of a new era for the business, which plans to grow market share and capitalise on past successes.
- Appointment marks the acceleration of digitalisation strategy for Motion Control.
26 Jan 2018
Siemens Food & Beverage head takes advisory board chairmanship for sector’s flagship project
Keith Thornhill, Head of Food & Beverage, Siemens UK & Ireland, has been appointed as Chairman of the National Centre of Excellence for Food Engineering Industry Advisory Board.
25 Jan 2018
Siemens supports #ThisIsEngineering campaign to tackle critical shortfall of engineering talent holding back the UK economy
15 Jan 2018
Siemens and Keele University in landmark energy partnership
11 Dec 2017
Siemens Open New Nottingham Site
22 Nov 2017
Maier Industrial Digitalisation Review Unveils Plans To Boost Industry
- Over ten years industrial digitalisation could boost UK manufacturing by £455bn, increasing sector growth up to 3% per year; creating a net gain of 175,000 jobs whilst reducing CO2 emissions by 4.5%.
- Proposals include the establishment of a ‘Made Smarter Commission’ to support a national plan to put Britain’s small businesses at the forefront of a ‘fourth industrial revolution’.
- The independent Review will inform the basis of Government work towards a sector deal in the coming months.