1478 news releases found, showing page 14 of 124
01 Apr 2021
Siemens Mobility and University of Birmingham announce research and innovation partnership
- Memorandum of Understanding signed to develop centre of excellence for rail research and innovation
- £50 million innovation hub forms part of extensive new rail village in Goole, East Yorkshire
- Education and upskilling opportunities will create jobs, attract talent and increase investment
18 Mar 2021
Siemens’ Digital Twin car design game accelerates next generation towards STEM
The free, fun interactive is mapped to the National Curriculum to inspire young inventors and innovators
16 Mar 2021
Major traffic equipment and maintenance contract for Siemens Mobility in Scotland
- Five-year contract covers maintenance of all existing equipment and installation of new solutions
- Locally based field services team will also upgrade and modernise equipment
09 Mar 2021
Harnessing existing generation assets can enable Net Zero Carbon energy systems for regions and cities, modelling data confirms
- Joint project with Birmingham’s Tyseley Energy Park and the University of Birmingham.
- Demonstrates the potential of cost-effective decarbonisation through more effective utilisation and coordination of current and planned generation assets.
- A more coordinated Net Zero system could supply up to 50,000 users with CO2-neutral electricity or supply Birmingham airport with green electricity, heat and cooling.
- Study demonstrates impact on air quality including potential to fuel green buses and trains using hydrogen as a fuel source.
- Insights will inform and drive energy investment and innovation across the Birmingham City region and will help Birmingham meet its commitments to reduce its CO2 emissions to zero by 2030.
- An Energy Sub Group to the TEP Co-Creation Group is being established to build on the findings of the Energy Strategy Report by investigating, identifying and delivering solutions that contribute to Birmingham’s decarbonisation targets.
04 Mar 2021
TfL and Siemens Mobility unveil detailed design of new Piccadilly line trains
- Ninety-four new trains will replace the 1970s-built Piccadilly line fleet
- New trains will be state-of-the-art, with more space, air conditioning, walk-through carriages and improved accessibility
- Vital investment will support both London and the wider UK economy – helping to create jobs around the country
03 Mar 2021
Fears about air quality with road traffic set to surge as lockdown lifts
- Call for cities to commit to Clean Air Zones to protect the public
- Traffic across major cities in January 2021 at 83% of the levels seen before COVID-19
03 Mar 2021
Siemens steps up Industrial Network training to plug skills gap
The programme supports manufacturers and consultants who assist in upgrading operational networks
01 Mar 2021
Train carriages inspire next generation of rail engineers in Yorkshire
- Former Heathrow Express rolling stock relocated to Goole site
- Rebranded carriages are integral part of new rail centre of excellence and will be used to inspire future generations
25 Feb 2021
COVID-19 rapid testing starts at Siemens Mobility in Chippenham, Poole and Northampton
- Government-backed rapid testing programme helps protect people most at risk
- Partnership between Siemens Mobility and NHS Test and Trace enables testing in Chippenham, Poole and Northampton
17 Feb 2021
Siemens: UK manufacturers must step-up energy resilience planning to meet the challenges of tomorrow
- Technology giant says manufacturers face more operational pressures and evolving energy requirements, but some will fall foul of unmaintained legacy electrical systems.
- The spectre of legacy equipment failure could interrupt operations, damage reputation, cost (in fines or revenues) or even be a risk-to-life.
- Calls for UK manufacturing to adopt a more strategic, comprehensive and innovative approach to energy resilience and modern power systems.
17 Feb 2021
Siemens UK is awarded Cyber Essentials Plus (CE+) certification in recognition of high cyber security standards
Siemens plc has been awarded the Cyber Essentials Plus (CE+) certification, a prerequisite for organisations applying for critical national infrastructure (CNI) and defence projects in the United Kingdom.
10 Feb 2021
Yorkshire company wins £40m Siemens Mobility contract to build the UK’s newest train factory
- Yorkshire-based GMI Construction Group PLC beats competition to secure main contract to build rail manufacturing facility in Goole, East Riding of Yorkshire
- Additional £10m in contracts awarded to other local and UK suppliers
- Part of £200m UK investment; majority of first phase spend contracted with Yorkshire businesses