1478 news releases found, showing page 13 of 124
10 Jun 2021
Siemens Mobility to deliver low-cost digital solution for Devon and Cornwall re-signalling programme
- Scheme will deliver significant passenger and operator benefits
- Low carbon solution supports the UK Government’s decarbonisation goals
10 Jun 2021
Siemens’ virtual work experience giving young people head start to STEM career
Free skills programme via the Springpod careers platform shows students aged 14-18 years how engineering and technology is helping build a more sustainable future.
09 Jun 2021
ScotRail agrees five-year maintenance contract extension for Siemens Mobility Class 380 trains
- Five-year contract extension for technical support and spares agreed until December 2026.
- Agreement covers support in areas such as safety, reliability, maintenance, spares supply, modifications, and overhauls.
09 Jun 2021
Breakthrough technologies combine to create compelling fourth payment option for energy suppliers
With bad debt risk spiralling for energy providers, and growing economic uncertainty for customers, both groups are seeking a new way to settle their energy bills. To address this challenge, Siemens has taken its pioneering Managed Credit solution, which has already made a big impact within the energy retail industry over the last few years, and combined it with payment technology from global IT and business consulting services firm CGI, and Open Banking innovator Ordo.
07 May 2021
Westminster goes electric with 1,000 electric vehicle charge points
Westminster City Council and Siemens have installed more than 1,000 on-street Electric Vehicle Charging Points in the City of Westminster, making Westminster the first local authority in the UK to reach this milestone.
06 May 2021
Siemens Mobility scoops trio of accolades at SHE Awards
- HSEQ Director Louise Ward awarded Lifetime Achievement Award
- Richard Abbess wins inaugural Unsung Hero award
- Siemens Mobility’s Poole factory highly commended in ‘Best Health and Safety for Manufacturing’ category
05 May 2021
Fast track degree programme accelerating engineers towards Industry 4.0
Siemens trains 40 employees to graduate from global companies and SMEs since 2017
29 Apr 2021
SP Energy Networks trials the UK's first ‘clean-air’ substation
SP Energy Networks is trialling new environmentally friendly ‘clean-air’ technology at one of its electricity substations as the company continues to lead the way towards a greener way of operations.
29 Apr 2021
Traffic surpasses pre-pandemic levels in Scotland
- Call for cities in Scotland to commit to Clean Air Zones to protect the public
- Daily traffic across Glasgow and Edinburgh higher than pre-pandemic
22 Apr 2021
This Earth Day, Siemens and National Literacy Trust get kids talking about climate and how to care for the environment
This Earth Day, the National Literacy Trust and Siemens have joined forces to raise awareness of the environment and engage children on the topic of climate change. The partnership involves the gifting of over 3,000 books to primary schools across the country, an online author event with Martin Dorey and the launch of an exciting challenge, supported by Walker Books, to help children develop literacy skills to research, plan and advocate for the future.
13 Apr 2021
Siemens helping fleet operators transition to full electric trucks in urban areas
- Commercial fleets are responsible for a disproportionate amount of CO2 emissions on the roads
- Learnings from the electrification of buses are paving the way for cleaner commercial fleets
- The road to decarbonising transport needs to gather pace if the UK is to achieve its goal of zero-emissions by 2050
07 Apr 2021
Siemens helps Cruachan Hydroelectric Power Station remove F-gas switchgear and replace with clean air technology
First UK hydro power station to implement environmentally friendly vacuum switchgear
Siemens has installed four maintenance and F-Gas free generator circuit breakers at Drax Group’s subterranean pumped hydro storage power station in the Scottish Highlands