1478 news releases found, showing page 12 of 124
10 Aug 2021
ScottishPower partners with Siemens for significant 3-year smart meter roll-out
ScottishPower, the first integrated energy company in the UK to generate 100% green electricity, has partnered with Siemens Managed Applications and Services (MAS), the nationally-accredited meter operator arm of the global technology company, to install smart meters across its 450,000-strong customer base in northern England.
02 Aug 2021
Yunex Traffic completes connected mobility trials for Project Synergy
- Signal Phase and Timing (SPaT) software successfully applied to complex traffic intersection in Greater Manchester
- Trial demonstrates benefits of range of connected mobility solutions
28 Jul 2021
Siemens and North West Cyber Resilience Centre (NWCRC) to host free webinar on industrial cybersecurity for small and medium enterprises (SMEs)
Siemens and the North West Cyber Resilience Centre (NWCRC) will host a free industrial cybersecurity webinar for SMEs on Friday, July 30th.
The online seminar will tackle cyber threats affecting industrial systems and what can be done to mitigate the risks they pose.
13 Jul 2021
Siemens Mobility warns UK Net Zero targets under threat
- Figures highlight 10-year discrepancy for railway decarbonisation plans
- 300+ miles of rail network need electrification each year
- Immediate introduction of self-powered or hybrid trains, with appropriate green hydrogen infrastructure, required
12 Jul 2021
Powered by Siemens Simatic PCS 7 GEO® Specialty Chemicals Hythe plant increases production of specialty monomers
Transparency in the production process increases efficiency and reduces downtime.
Technology gives chemical manufacturer clear view to growth.
08 Jul 2021
Siemens and Oracle set to ease transition to the smart grid for energy suppliers
- Energy providers stand to benefit from unprecedented levels of investment and innovation as part of a clean energy future, but according to industry data, currently less than 4 in 1,000 smart domestic electricity meters are being settled half hourly.
- Siemens’ Elexon-approved Half Hourly Data Collection and Aggregation services, powered by Oracle Cloud Infrastructure’s processing power, let energy retailers access highly scalable supplier agent services, whilst advanced settlement analytics, time-of-use profilers, and neural network load forecasting help suppliers gain valuable insights from the HHS data.
- Siemens and Oracle call on energy retailers to unlock the true value of interval data with trial processing offer
05 Jul 2021
Siemens hackathon harnesses engineering talent and digital tools to reduce Riversimple car factory footprint by 20%
Young engineers collaborate through innovative virtual sprint to accelerate and optimise design for volume production of hydrogen electric vehicle.
30 Jun 2021
Thameslink and Siemens Mobility celebrate five years of smarter travel
- State-of-the-art Class 700 first entered passenger service five years ago
- Over 58 million miles travelled by 115-strong fleet since 2016
24 Jun 2021
Good Energy to roll out new Managed Credit option to 2,000 customers with the help of Siemens
- Compelling fourth payment option bridges the gap between pre-paid and direct debit, reducing bad debt risk for energy providers and their customers.
- Customers can easily manage their pre-paid energy credit with a digital wallet.
23 Jun 2021
Siemens targets gender parity in Early Careers recruitment to increase women in engineering
Ambitious goal revealed for International Women in Engineering Day #INWED2021
17 Jun 2021
Birmingham Clean Air Zone enters operation
- Twenty-four hour zone will drive improvements in air quality and improve the health and well-being of city residents and visitors
- Proven ANPR camera monitoring and enforcement solution at the heart of the scheme
- Solution delivers industry-leading image quality and number plate read accuracy
15 Jun 2021
Helping public transport on the road towards a low-carbon future
By Bernard Magee, Director Electrical Vehicle Charging, Siemens plc. Road transport, which includes buses, is a significant contributor to air pollution, resulting in poor air quality. Public Health England (PHE) says air pollution is the biggest environmental threat to health with between 28,000 and 36,000 deaths a year attributed to long-term exposure.